[gradsusr] Grads 2.1.a3 and opengrads...

Christopher Gilroy chris.gilroy at gmail.com
Mon Oct 26 00:24:42 EDT 2015

So I'm fairly certain I can't just drop grads 2.1.a3 into my existing
opengrads setup and everything will function just fine. opengrads realizes
it's using:

Config: v2.1.a3 little-endian readline grib2 netcdf hdf4-sds hdf5
opendap-grids,stn geotiff shapefile cairo

But no opengrads scripts work like re, mfhilo, etc.

The question(s) are:

Is there anyway to draw H/L's with built-in functions? Obviously without
being able to use all of the opengrads scripts, my scripts that use mfhilo
stop working.

Has anyone heard anything from the opengrads folks about incorporating the
latest grads?

I fixed up all of my re-grid lines to use lterp and I've noticed a fairly
large performance increase, particularly when drawing grids with custom
fonts, but I hate to decide between a "working" install with the latest
grads 2.1.a3, and an install that dies from memory leaks (custom fonts,
grid) when using the opengrads install. :-/