[gradsusr] delete coincident isolines

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 23 12:01:31 EDT 2015

I think you're seeing the coincident lines because your field has a very
sharp gradient in values between your dark purple and pink shaded sections.
The only way I could think to remove that is to use gxout grfill instead of
gxout shaded. However, using gxout grfill will cause your contours to
become blocky rather than smooth. You can reduce the visual impact of that
by adjusting the XDEF and YDEF lines of your control file to make Grads
plot the field on a very high resolution domain.

Jeff Duda

On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 3:52 AM, Аня Романенко <romashe4ka04 at rambler.ru>
wrote:

>  Hi!
>
> I have 2-D picture of variable with coincident lines of different colors
> on it.  Can I delete these lines in GrADS,leaving only one of them in each
> case?
>
> Example of picture in application.
>
> Thanks in advance,Lukianova Ann.

Jeff Duda