[gradsusr] Need Help for specific command

Rashed Mahmood rashidcomsis at gmail.com
Thu Nov 5 12:54:27 EST 2015

Well...There are a number of potential issues in your script. i am have not
used grads for a long period so may be i won't be able help much.
However, here are some of the things that looked odd to me.

"reinit"
"sdfopen \Users\mq43879691\documents\sst5014.mnmean.v4.nc"

"set t 1 12"        ** i do not know why you keep on changing this time
settings.*

"define avesst=ave(sst2,t+0,t=780,12)"
"modify avesst seasonal"

"set t 1 780"                          * * again, i am not sure how would
this work as your avesst is now seasonal mean?  *
"define sstanom=sst2-avesst"

"define N4=aave(sstanom,lon=160,lon=210,lat=-5,lat=5)"
"define N3=aave(sstanom,lon=210,lon=270,lat=-5,lat=5)"
"define prod = N3*N4"

if ( prod > 0)
   alpha = 0.4
 else
  alpha = 0
endif

"define Nct = N3-alpha*N4"
"define Nwp = N4-alpha*N3"

"set lev 0"                                           ** why are these
settings needed? should'nt it be something like 'set x 1 and set y 1'?*
"set lon 210"                                        ** you have already
done area average so where would this come from? *
"set lat -5"                                           ** same as above*
"set timelab off"
"set Grads off"
"set cmark 0"
"set t 1 780"                                       **oh well...same as
above*
"d Nct"

Perhaps there are other issues for example the defining of
'sstanom=sst2-avesst'.