[gradsusr] Need Help for specific command

MD ABDUS SATTAR md-abdus.sattar at students.mq.edu.au
Wed Nov 4 20:34:00 EST 2015

Dear Rashed
Thank you very much for your cooperation. I am still in trouble to
calculate this. See my script my as follow:

"reinit"
"sdfopen \Users\mq43879691\documents\sst5014.mnmean.v4.nc"
"set t 1 12"
"define avesst=ave(sst2,t+0,t=780,12)"
"modify avesst seasonal"
"set t 1 780"
"define sstanom=sst2-avesst"

"define N4=aave(sstanom,lon=160,lon=210,lat=-5,lat=5)"
"define N3=aave(sstanom,lon=210,lon=270,lat=-5,lat=5)"
"define prod = N3*N4"

if ( prod > 0)
   alpha = 0.4
 else
  alpha = 0
endif

"define Nct = N3-alpha*N4"
"define Nwp = N4-alpha*N3"

"set lev 0"
"set lon 210"
"set lat -5"
"set timelab off"
"set Grads off"
"set cmark 0"
"set t 1 780"
"d Nct"

>From the above script I was trying to calculate time series of Nct and Nwp
during 1950-2014. Nct and Nwp have single values for each month (January to
December). If i can use this command for yearly time series then I can use
it for monthly time series as well.

Please suggest me where I did mistake again.

I look forward to your message

Regards
Abdus

Email: abdus.sattar at pstu.ac.bd