[gradsusr] How to install eof package in GrADS19

lzf liuzf406 at 126.com
Sat May 9 04:57:39 EDT 2015

Dear Grads users,
I am trying to use eof.gs to do eof analysis, but it does not work. My OS is windows 8, and the eof is installed as follow:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. I installed Grads19 in D drive;
2. Download eofgrads.tar and unpacked;
3. Copy eof.gs to D:\GrADS19\lib;
4. Creat eof file in D:\GrADS19\;
5. Put eofudf.ext in eof file, and creat udft.txt in the same directory, which includes:
   eofudf 2 6 expr value value value value char
   sequential
   D:\GrADS19\eof\eofudf.ext
   eofudf.in
   eofudf.out
6. Set environment variables as:
   Variable: GAUDFT
   Value: D:\GrADS19\eof\udft.txt
7  When I run eof.gs, the errors are as following:
   " Writing data to transfer file...
     Executing eof binary...
     Error from eofudf: Error opening transfer file
     File name: eofudf.in
     Operation Error: Error from eofudf function
     Error ocurred at column 1
     DISPLAY error: Invalid extression
     Expression=eofudf(air,200,12,-1,70,air_)
     eof.gs: First call of eofudf returned Error. STOP
Any help is appreciated!

Thanks and best,
Zhongfang