[gradsusr] GrADS Data Server Time Issues

NB nbarlow30 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 18:48:36 EDT 2015

I'm running OpenGrADS 2.1.a1.oga.1 on a Windows machine.

I've noticed an issue pulling OPeNDAP/DODs data from NOMADS. If I request
data from, say, the 19Z model run, sometimes time initializes at 18:59Z,
instead of 19:00Z.

The odd thing is that it doesn't always happen, but when it does, it messes
up time labeling etc. on my script. The issue is not my script, as I get
the same result simply using 'sdfopen' and 'q time" in a newly-opened
OpenGrADS window.

'q time'

Time = 18:59Z29JUN2015 to 18:59Z29JUN2015 Mon to Mon

I've looked around quite a bit for people having a similar issue, but can't
find a solution.

Here is a run of the HRRR model that is having an issue today. I seem to
run into this issue a few times every week.

http://nomads.ncep.noaa.gov:9090/dods/hrrr/hrrr20150629/hrrr_sfc_19z

Thank you,

Nick Barlow