[gradsusr] Vertical wind profile

Suman Maity suman.buie at gmail.com
Wed Jul 15 12:34:36 EDT 2015

Dear Davide
Thank you very much for your reply. What you have told that is correct. But
in case of RegCM model output, the model is not providing the vertical
velocity component. Rather it provides the vertical pressure velocity as
omega (dp/dt) which is not actually vertical wind component. According to
your suggestion also I have tried a lot but still I couldn't plot the
vertical wind profile such as regional hadley circulation. In the plot it
is simply showing some horizontal thick lines related to pressure levels. I
couldn't understand where I am doing the mistake.
Please help me.

Thanks and Regards
 'S Maity'

Research Scholar
Center for Ocean, Rivers, Atmosphere and Land Sciences(CORAL)
Indian Institute Of Technology Kharagpur.