[gradsusr] Station data control file

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Tue Jul 7 16:36:43 EDT 2015

GrADS needs to set the dimension environment to *something* when it opens a station data set, so it uses those defaults. The stnmap file doesn’t tell GrADS anything about the domain of the data — GrADS has no idea where the data are located until you invoke display and launch an I/O request. After you open the file, you can change the dimension environment to the smaller domain (since you know what it is ahead of time), then do a display.
—Jennifer

Jennifer M. Adams
111 Research Hall, Mail Stop 2B3
George Mason University