[gradsusr] Sub: Mask file ....

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Fri Feb 6 08:14:12 EST 2015

The basemap script doesn’t mask out data values, it merely draws polygons on top of the graphics to mask them out in a visual sense. You need to create a mask with 1’s or missing values in your domain of interest, then apply that to your data then calculate the area average.
—Jennifer

On Feb 2, 2015, at 12:23 PM, Adv <advita6 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I would like to calculate area average only over Northern USA and  only Over land region. Could someone help me to do this? How to maskout ocean region and calculate the values?
> 1)define mean4 = ave(pr.2,t=37,t=48)'
> ave(aave(maskout(p,mask.3(t=1)),x=1,x=72,y=1,y=46),t=1,t=30)
> 'd mean4*86400'
> 'basemap O 0 0'
> 'basemap L 0 0'
>
> 2)Grads version i use: (GrADS) Version 2.0.a9
> 3) Linux version :
> Linux M141647-Atmos 2.6.32-431.23.3.el6.x86_64
>
> Thanks...

Jennifer M. Adams
111 Research Hall, Mail Stop 2B3
George Mason University