[gradsusr] Combining two shaded variables.

Chorley Weather weatherstu at chorleyweather.com
Fri Aug 7 05:33:52 EDT 2015

On 05-08-2015 19:31, Stephen McMillan wrote:
> Jose, Stuart,
>
> Jeff's recommendation for 2.1+ and the alpha channel is probably the
> best way to go since you can control the transparency/opaqueness, but
> here's a sample script if you don't have or don't want to upgrade.
> Cloud clover with precip overlay sample attached, along with script
> that created it.
>
> Good luck!
> Stephen Mc
>
> On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 1:36 PM, Jeff Duda <jeffduda319 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Upgrade to version 2.1+ and use the alpha channel when creating
>> colors.
>>
>> Jeff
>>
>> On Wed, Aug 5, 2015 at 12:15 PM, Chorley Weather
>> <weatherstu at chorleyweather.com> wrote:

>>> option)

>>> edges

>>> image,
>>> function but
>>> better

>> --
>>
>> Jeff Duda
>> Graduate research assistant
>> University of Oklahoma School of Meteorology
>> Center for Analysis and Prediction of Storms

> Links:
> ------

Hi Stephen,

The sample script you sent has worked well with my own variables as
shown in the attached image. The problem I have is the output image
keeps replacing the previous image, ie. my printim is

'printim pcpn-cldcvr.png x1100 y675 -b gfs_ukcloudcover1'i'.png  -t
0';#overlay/save 2nd variable on previous image, black as transparent.

How do i script it were i get    printim pcpn-cldcvr1.png x1100 y675
                                  printim pcpn-cldcvr2.png x1100 y675
                                  printim pcpn-cldcvr2.png x1100 y675
And so on.

--