[gradsusr] Dimensions that Grads can operate

James T. Potemra jimp at hawaii.edu
Wed Apr 22 08:34:27 EDT 2015

Hi Jayakrishnan,

In addition to adding the appropriate depth levels to your descriptor
file, I'm not sure your script is doing what you want. You are writing a
single point each time.  Instead, set the lat/lon range, then loop over
time then depth:

'reinit'
'sdfopen G:/Sample_MT/samp/uwnd.2006.nc'
prompt 'key in filename'
pull fname
'set fwrite 'fname
'set y 1 73'
'set x 1 144'
tm=1
while(tm<=7)
    'set t 'tm
    prl=1
    while(prl<=8)
       'set t 'tm
       'set z 'prl
       'set gxout fwrite'
       'd uwnd'
       prl=prl+1
    endwhile
    tm=tm+1
endwhile

'disable fwrite'

Jim

On 4/22/15 2:08 PM, M.Mahakur wrote:
> Hi,
>
> You have 8 pressure levels, but zero (0) here:
>
> u 0 99 mean Daily qu [kg/s]
>
> Also, please check your undefine value after fwrite. Is it -999 or grads default undefine?
>
> Regards,

>>> endwhile
>>> tt=tt+1