[gradsusr] gxprint EPS and PDF output.

Ryglicki, David CIV FNMOC david.ryglicki at navy.mil
Tue Sep 16 12:10:28 EDT 2014

Greetings, GrADS User list.

I have a question about orientation about GrADS v2.1's postscript output formats. In the old days, we typically produced EPS files with something like...

'set gxout print'
'enable print grads.gm'
'print'
'disable print'
'!gxeps -R -i grads.gm'

That would rotate my metafile to maintain its landscape projection but keep it rotated right-side up when viewed in ghostscript or (more urgently) in a Word document. Now, with gxprint, any tricks I try to get this to happen, including editing the postscript file itself ("90 rotate" and things of that nature in the PS), fail.

So what are my options? Additionally, if anyone has experience with submitting postscripts that are landscape but rotated but then appear in publications oriented the correct way (changed by the publishing authority), I'm all ears. I realize that's not really GrADS-specific, but I'm just wondering if I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill. Some targeted googling has revealed answers that are cryptic to me.

Thanks.

Dave