[gradsusr] Wind Arrow

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Sun Oct 19 13:25:06 EDT 2014

Olivier,
You'll probably want to use a combination of maskout() and set strmden
<http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/gradcomdsetstrmden.html> to control the
appearance of the arrowheads on a streamline plot.  The maskout() function
will plot a set of streamlines in an area corresponding to whatever speed,
direction, or other threshold you want (sounds like you want to use speed
as a threshold), and all of the streamlines plotted will correspond to the
current 'set strmden' settings.  Between each display command you will want
to re-enter the 'set strmden' command with different settings and use
different thresholds in the maskout() function.

Jeff Duda