[gradsusr] How to calculate Equitable Threat Score (ETS)

Suman Maity suman.buie at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 13:08:09 EDT 2014

Dear all

This is Suman Maity from Indian Institute of Technology Kharagpur, India.
Frequently we are validating our model output with some observation
datasets. For the validation purpose people are using different skill
scores. Equitable Threat Score (ETS) is such a score for verification. My
query is how to calculate that? for example I have 2007
(June-July-August-September) model simulated daily rainfall data and GPCP
rainfall data. If I want to calculate the ETS then how to do that?
Please help in this regard. Any suggestion will be highly appreciable.

Regards
'S Maity'

Research Scholar
Center for Ocean, Rivers, Atmosphere and Land Sciences(CORAL)
Indian Institute Of Technology Kharagpur.