[gradsusr] grads2.1.a1 bug?

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Tue Nov 25 10:48:01 EST 2014

Yes, I know there are still some lingering precision issues. I have been accumulating emails and examples of things that don’t work quite right. The delay in fixing them all is because other things with a higher priority keep nudging this off the top of my to-do list, and some dedicated learning is required on my part to make sure I understand the underlying computer science well enough. There are a lot of places in the GrADS code where fuzzy tests of equality or smallness are in place, some more obvious than others, and tracking them all down and making them consistent is turning out to take more time than I thought.
—Jennifer

Jennifer M. Adams
111 Research Hall, Mail Stop 2B3
George Mason University