[gradsusr] Standard deviation of an area

David Nielsen davidnielsen at id.uff.br
Thu Nov 20 08:00:46 EST 2014

Julio,

The way you suggested still returned a gridded result, not a number
representig the area. Then I tried averaging the result over the same area
(everything for each t-value):

   define var1 = sqrt( pow( aave( sst, lat=..., lon=...)))
   define var2 = aave( var1, lat=..., lon=...)

Does it make any sense to you?

Thanks again!

Sourabh,

So just checked, you can do:

while (count < 22)
   'set t' count
   'define area = aave (variable-name, lon=120, lon=180, lat=-90, lat-90)
   'd area'
   count = count +1
endwhile

Works as fine as defining the area with x and y. Very small numerical
difference though, don't know why.

davidnielsen at id.uff.br