[gradsusr] Shaded plot only for values above a minmum

Goodson,Ron [Edm] Ron.Goodson at EC.gc.ca
Mon Mar 3 12:20:49 EST 2014

If not using the new fancy-dancy transparent colour stuff ...

I just use maskout for this .. eg .. plotting precip that as a coloured
shaded field I was plotting over another shaded field such as outgoing
longwave radiation (stand-in for clouds) using only grayshades.

In your case

mymask = var -9
d maskout(var,mymask)

ron

________________________________

From: gradsusr-bounces at gradsusr.org
[mailto:gradsusr-bounces at gradsusr.org] On Behalf Of Thomas Robinson
Sent: February 28, 2014 7:56 PM
To: GrADS Users Forum
Subject: Re: [gradsusr] Shaded plot only for values above a minmum

Thank you Jeff.  I actually have a plot of terrain, and I would like to
plot 'var' on top of that with the terrain in the background.  So I
really want to make a shaded plot overlaid on a shaded plot.  Just using
a background value won't work for that.  It there any way to just
eliminate the lower values?

On Fri, Feb 28, 2014 at 1:13 PM, Jeff Duda <jeffduda319 at gmail.com>