[gradsusr] handling .grd file

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Mon Mar 3 09:31:43 EST 2014

A file with a .grd extension is probably a flat binary file, which can easily be read by GrADS. You will need to know something about the underlying grid and then create a descriptor file. Please see http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/aboutgriddeddata.html.
--Jennifer

On Feb 28, 2014, at 9:17 AM, Kuntal Singh wrote:

> Dear All
>
> I am still new to GrADS. I have precipitation, temperature, solar radiation data for each year but they have extension of .grd. I wanted to know if i could use GrADS to read and visualise these files

Jennifer M. Adams
111 Research Hall, Mail Stop 2B3
George Mason University
4400 University Drive