[gradsusr] Fwd: png dimensions for Google Earth

Fernando Montana lfmontanar at unal.edu.co
Sat Mar 1 07:41:18 EST 2014

Hi all,
With GrADS 2.1a1 in Linux Ubuntu 12.04, I have a kml with its own png file
(prac-12). When I see it in Google Earth, do not match the size of the file
(lat, lon) with those shown on the screen and the map is a little smaller
than that of Google Earth, as seen in the attached image ge.png.

I tried another output format, such as tif and dimensions match
(prac-12.tif). Also get this error when I try to test with jpg or gif:

Config: v2.1.a1 little-endian readline grib2 netcdf hdf4-sds hdf5
opendap-grids,stn geotiff shapefile cairo
Issue 'q config' command for more detailed configuration information
GX Package Initialization: Size = 8.5 11
Running in Batch mode
All files closed; all defined objects released;
All GrADS attributes have been reinitialized
GXPRINT error: unsupported output format
GX Package Terminated

I uninstalled 2.1.a1 version and installed 2.02, but the resulting png is
distorted when viewed on Google Earth.

Kml no problems.

What about the output format png? How can I adjust the png image to make it
look right with Google Earth?

Thanks a lot.

-- Fernando