[gradsusr] GrADS not plotting WRF output west of Prime Meridian

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 25 12:58:28 EDT 2014

Jonathan,
I would try defining your longitude values as negative in the western
hemisphere to positive in the eastern hemisphere.

What happens if you try 'set lon 0 360' and displaying?  Does it extend to
the other side of the world and plot your fields?  Check 'q dims' after
plotting and see if it shows negative longitude values.

Jeff Duda

On Fri, Jul 25, 2014 at 6:15 AM, Jonathan Wynn Smith <jwsmith9 at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello:
> How do I get my WRF v3.5.1 model simulation to plot west of the Prime
> Meridian?  My domain is 44 W to 30 E and 22 S to 22 N.  I have
> attached a figure that shows the iniability for grads plot beyond 0 E.
>
> This is the case for a couple versions of grads: 2.0.1 and 2.1.a2
>
> I have also attached the script and ,ctl file that I am using for this
> plot.
>
> Jonathan
>
> --
> *Jonathan Wynn Smith, Ph.D.*
> jonathan.smith at noaa.gov
> 301-683-0500
> Postdoctoral Research Associate
> National Academy of Science/National Research Council Associateship
> NOAA/NESDIS/STAR/SMCD, #2844
> 5830 University Research Ct.
> College Park, MD 20740-3818
>

> *Lord, you establish peace for us; all that we have accomplished you have
> done for us. - Isaiah 26:12*

Jeff Duda
Graduate research assistant