[gradsusr] DISPLAY error: Invalid expression

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 12:58:03 EDT 2014

Since the dtype is netcdf, you need to add the units entry to the var
entry.  See this section of the gridded data description file documentation
<http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/descriptorfile.html#VARS>, specifically
the part labeled "units (dtype netcdf...)" to see how you should handle
that.  You'll need to do an ncdump -h on your data file to figure out the
order of the dimensions.

Jeff Duda

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 9:58 AM, Stephen McMillan <smcmillan at planalytics.com
> wrote:

> Hi Neolia,
> Did you try using 'd ozone'?  I assume you got the error using 'd
> mda8_surfo3'.
> Stephen Mc
>

> On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 10:06 AM, Noelia otero <noeli1680 at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi everyone!
>>
>> I have a problem when I try to display my variable from a ctl file.  I
>> also have the netcdf file, but I had some problem to open it, so I created
>> a ctl:
>>
>> dset mda8.surfO3.EU.2000.2009.nc
>> undef -999
>> dtype netcdf
>> options yrev
>> xdef  48 linear -13 1
>> ydef  39 linear 19 1
>> zdef  1 levels 1000
>> tdef  3653  linear 01JAN2000 1dy
>> vars 1
>>  MDA8_SurfO3=>ozone 1 99 MDA8_SurfO3
>> endvars
>>
>> I can open it without problems, but if I try to display the var I get the
>> next error:
>> Syntax Error:  Invalid Operand
>>   'mda8_surfo3' not a variable or function name
>>   Error ocurred at column 1
>> DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
>>   Expression = mda8_surfo3
>>
>> I read some messages related to that, but I am not able to fix it ...
>> any idea?
>>
>> Thanks in advance,
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Noelia

> The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary.
>
> If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.

Jeff Duda
Graduate research assistant