[gradsusr] DISPLAY error: Invalid expression

Stephen McMillan smcmillan at planalytics.com
Thu Jul 24 10:58:58 EDT 2014

Hi Neolia,
Did you try using 'd ozone'?  I assume you got the error using 'd
mda8_surfo3'.
Stephen Mc

On Thu, Jul 24, 2014 at 10:06 AM, Noelia otero <noeli1680 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi everyone!
>
> I have a problem when I try to display my variable from a ctl file.  I
> also have the netcdf file, but I had some problem to open it, so I created
> a ctl:
>
> dset mda8.surfO3.EU.2000.2009.nc
> undef -999
> dtype netcdf
> options yrev
> xdef  48 linear -13 1
> ydef  39 linear 19 1
> zdef  1 levels 1000
> tdef  3653  linear 01JAN2000 1dy
> vars 1
>  MDA8_SurfO3=>ozone 1 99 MDA8_SurfO3
> endvars
>
> I can open it without problems, but if I try to display the var I get the
> next error:
> Syntax Error:  Invalid Operand
>   'mda8_surfo3' not a variable or function name
>   Error ocurred at column 1
> DISPLAY error:  Invalid expression
>   Expression = mda8_surfo3
>
> I read some messages related to that, but I am not able to fix it ...
> any idea?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Cheers,
>
> Noelia

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary.

If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.