[gradsusr] plot the gridpoints of a wrf output file

Stephen McMillan smcmillan at planalytics.com
Tue Jul 8 16:24:59 EDT 2014

Lyndon,
Here's another method that I have used, which may work for you.  For
example,

'set gxout grid'
'set gridln off';#if you do not want grid lines to show
'set digsiz 0.02';#control mark size from a point to a "zero"
'set ccolor 4'
'd lat-lat';#use any available variable

Stephen Mc

On Tue, Jul 8, 2014 at 2:58 PM, Alfredo Ruiz-Barradas <alfredo at atmos.umd.edu
> wrote:

>  Lyndon,
>
> in order to display the grid of any field I usually display the field as
> very small vectors; in this way the vectors are displayed as dots on the
> screen or on paper. For instance, to display the grid points of a SST field
> do the following:
>
> 'set arrscl 0.000001'
> 'd sst;sst'
>
> Grid points with undefined values won't be displayed.
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Alfredo
>
> On 7/8/2014 10:23 AM, Lyndon Mark Olaguera wrote:
>
> Hi All,
>
> *I would like to plot the gridpoints from the nested domains of a
> wrfoutput file.Any idea on how can I do this?*
>
>  *Lyndon*

> Alfredo Ruiz-Barradas, PhD
> Department of Atmospheric and Oceanic Science
> University of Maryland
> College Park, MD 20742-2425, USA
> Email: alfredo at atmos.umd.edu
> Tel: (301) 405-0160 * Fax: (301) 314-9482http://www.atmos.umd.edu/~alfredo

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary.

If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.