[gradsusr] how to convert curvilinear grid format to regular grid format

ANUBHAV CHOUDHARY anubha64_ses at jnu.ac.in
Wed Feb 5 14:03:38 EST 2014

Dear Davide,
A curvilinear grid is a grid just like a regular grid, but in which the
cells are quadrilaterals or cuboids
<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuboid> rather
than rectangles or rectangular parallelopipeds (like in regular grid- cells
are parallelopiped). you can see this image of a curvilinear grid-

a curvilinear  grid.

On Wed, Feb 5, 2014 at 5:13 PM, Davide Sacchetti <
davide.sacchetti at arpal.gov.it> wrote:

> what do you mean with curvilinear grid?
> which kind of projection is it?
>
> Davide
>

> On Wed, 2014-02-05 at 16:02 +0530, ANUBHAV CHOUDHARY wrote:
> > Dear GrADS user,
> > I have a precipitation data file (NetCDF) which when I visualize using
> > GrADS gets plotted in wrong domain because it is in curvilinear grid
> > format. Can anybody tell me how to convert it into regular grid
> > format. Does anybody has the script of it.
> > Thanks in advance
> > Regards,
> > Anubhav
> >

> > --
> > Anubhav Choudhary
> > M.Phil./Ph.D. Student
> > School of Environmental Sciences
> > Jawaharlal Nehru University
> > New Delhi - 110067
> > Cell No. +91-8527706122
> > Alternate e-mail IDs:
> > yoursanubhav at gmail.com
> > anubhav at cub.ac.in

> Davide Sacchetti
> Centro Funzionale Meteo Idrologico di Protezione Civile della Regione
> Liguria
> ARPAL Unità Tecnica Complessa di livello Regionale
> V.le Brigare Partigiane 2 16121 Genova (I)
> tel: +39 010 6437535                    fax: +39 010 6437520
> mail: davide.sacchetti at arpal.gov.it     web: www.meteoliguria.it

Anubhav Choudhary
M.Phil./Ph.D. Student (UGC-Junior Research Fellow)
yoursanubhav at gmail.com
anubhav at cub.ac.in