[gradsusr] Drawing TC storm track in grads

Larry Ger Aragon larrygeraragon30 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 3 03:05:07 EST 2014

Greetings Grads users,

I'd be very glad to receive some help regarding this problem. I have
this algorithm collecting tropical cyclone center at each forecast
time, which I record only at two variables (lon and lat). I also print
these coordinates (thru say command) in the terminal. After collecting
all the values, I plan to make a track from the coordinates I just
collected. I can't think of how I would program this in grads (does
grads support fortran syntaxing?) with changing the values of the two
variables I have so I would not have veeeery long .gs of just
copy-pasting "q w2xy" then connect lines. If only  grads support C
program/functions or R, it would be easier for me. Just want to ask if
anybody have some ideas on this. Thanks.