[gradsusr] Convert files with extension (.nc) to files (.grib)

Geraldo Deniro geraldodeniro at hotmail.com
Sat Aug 16 15:14:35 EDT 2014

Hi
I have 1924 files of the monthly mean sea surface temperature of ​​January 1845 (ersst.184501.nc) until December 2013 (ersst.201312.nc). It's totally annoying for me to make a climatology script with this extension so i decided to try to convert each file into a grib file but i didn't get and I don't have any idea, i think i should have used the command 'set gxout fwrite' but i don't know to use. so GrADS Users how can i do this?
The specification of each file and the variables in it, is below:
File 1: ERSST V2b in situ onlyDescriptor: ersst.201312.nc Binary: ersst.201312.ncType = GriddedXsize = 180 Ysize = 89 Zsize = 1 Tsize = 1 Esize = 1Number of Variables =3       sst 1 t,z,y,x Extended reconstructed Sea Surface Temperature       anom 1 t,z,y,x Extended reconstructed SST anomalies       err 1 t,z,y,x Estimaded error standart deviation of analyzed_ersst
PS: all the files has the same specification, ersst.184501.nc, ersst.184502.nc, ..., ersst.201312.nc
If somebody could help me i would be so thankful
Geraldo Deniro contact: geraldodeniro at ufrj.br Graduate Student of Meteorology Department of Meteorology Institute of Geosciences Federal University of Rio de Janeiro