[gradsusr] Counting calculation in the grads command line

Robert Macnee robert.macnee at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 00:23:58 EDT 2014

Hi all,

I have monthly temperature climate data and would like to do a calculation
in the Grads command line to count the number of months in which the
temperature is above a certain threshold for a defined timeslice (1 year).
Basically, I want the output map to display the number of months in a given
year that the temperature exceeds a threshold value (e.g. 20 degrees c /
293K).

My knowledge of the commands isn't very good so can anyone suggest to me
how to do this?

Thanks,

Robert