[gradsusr] OpenGrads PATH error on Windows 7 64-bit Professional

Jonathan Busby jonathanbusby at gmail.com
Sun Aug 10 16:09:07 EDT 2014

I apologize if this is not the correct forum for this question, but
the OpenGrads forum at SourceForge no longer exists.

I'm running Windows 7 Professional 64-bit on a laptop and when I try
to use any of the OpenGrads utilities, such as opengrads, I receive
this error :

"
MAX_SIZE = 2048, needed size = 2834
Internal error: environment variable PATH is too long; change MAX_SIZE
to at least 2834 and recompile or else shortten your PATH by 786
characters
"

Is there any way to make OpenGrads functional other than re-compiling?

Thank you and regards,

Jonathan Busby