[gradsusr] Scaling Data Points

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Wed Sep 25 12:21:21 EDT 2013

Ryan,
You can use 'set ccolor' to control the color of the marks in your scatterplot. The 'set cmark' command allows you to control different mark styles, and 'set digsiz' controls the size of the marks. Colorization of the marks based on a third expression was added with version 2.0.2. With earlier versions, you have to use the maskout() function to filter out points and do many iterations of 'display' in order to have multiple colors in your scatter plot. If possible, you should upgrade to a more recent version, but I understand that is not always easy when working with MS Windows.
--Jennifer

On Sep 25, 2013, at 11:41 AM, Ryan Danielson wrote:

> Jennifer,
>
> Thank you. I also tried graphing a separate set of scatter plot data on top of the original. I wanted to set its color to something different for visualization purposes, but it continues to come up white. I tried “set rgb 22”, however I am prompted with “SET error: Missing or invalid argument for RGB option”. Is my command incorrect or do I need a newer version of GrADS?
>
> Ryan

Jennifer M. Adams