[gradsusr] Problems reading a netcdf file

Matt Bunkers - WFO UNR matthew.bunkers at noaa.gov
Thu Sep 5 18:02:41 EDT 2013

Hi,

Jeff Duda helped me figure out the problem with my "dtype netcdf"
descriptor file.  I was commingling values from the larger-scale grid211
and the smaller grid that was in my domain.  I had to fix some things with
pdef, xdef, and ydef.  Now everything is plotting fine.  Jennifer also
noted that my netcdf datafile is on a pre-projected grid, so xdfopen won't
handle that.  Thus the xdf-style descriptor was seeing the grid in an
abstract XY orientation, not lat/lon.

Thanks for the help!

-- Matt