[gradsusr] Error from GR2STN

Stephen McMillan smcmillan at planalytics.com
Mon Oct 14 08:51:07 EDT 2013

Athanasios,

How to fix x and y:  'set x 1';'set y 1'  (note: it doesn't have to be 1,
it can be fixed to any x and y (or lon and lat) in the field)
Why to fix:  gr2stn won't work in your situation if x and y are varying
(see GrADS documentation provided previously)

For the 10 sites, you need only to fix x and y once for the same dataset.
 You specify a site's lon and lat when you do the gr2stn command for each
site.  To summarize:

'set gxout print'
'set prnopts ...'
'set x ...'
'set y ...'
'set z ....'
'set t ...'
'd gr2stn(var, lon, lat)'   do this in a loop for each timestep

Stephen Mc