[gradsusr] EOF to archive .nc

Carlos Batista krlosbatist at gmail.com
Wed Nov 27 12:59:40 EST 2013

Sr. Mario!!!

See answer....

Krishnamohan

Hi Carlos,

I have seen your question on grads user list. Before you do the eof
analysis, first you have to install eof as a user defined function in
grads. It is possible only in the older grads version (1.9b4 or older). I
have posted a detailed procedure for installing eof in grads linux some
time ago

http://gradsusr.org/pipermail/gradsusr/2010-November/011765.html

If you successfully install eof in grads, then you can open you nc file,
set the area, set the time loop and do the eof, its like

'reinit'
'sdfopen uwnd.nc'
'set lat 0 30'
'set lon 40 100'
'set t 1 100'
'eof uwnd'

This will give you some output files. If you open the data_eof.ctl files,
then you will get the spatial eof maps and data_pc.ctl will give you the
corresponding time variations.

Hope this helps.

Regards
Krishnamohan