[gradsusr] Error in opening GFDL model output data

Sushant Das sushant_models at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 26 14:02:40 EST 2013

Dear GrADS users,

I am trying to open GFDL model netcdf format data output using sdfopen command but it does not work as shown below. I had tried to create a CTL file giving proper TDEF entry which still does not works. Please let me know the other possible way to open the file using GrADS.

>> sdfopen od550aer_aero_GFDL-ESM2M_rcp85_r1i1p1_200601-201012.nc
Scanning self-describing file:  od550aer_aero_GFDL-ESM2M_rcp85_r1i1p1_200601-201012.nc
SDF Error: 365 day calendars are no longer supported by sdfopen.
  To open this file with GrADS, use a descriptor file with
  a complete TDEF entry and OPTIONS 365_day_calendar.
  Documentation is at http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/SDFdescriptorfile.html

Thanks in advance

Regards,

SUSHANT DAS,
CSIR Research Fellow,
Centre for Atmospheric Sciences,Block VI
Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi
New Delhi-110016,
INDIA