[gradsusr] how to extract *.dods file

Lynnes, Christopher S. (GSFC-6102) christopher.s.lynnes at nasa.gov
Thu Nov 21 15:25:01 EST 2013

The .dods URL requests only the data payload, not the key metadata that GraDS needs to understand it. However, it is an indication that the data are available via opendap, as Jim suggests. The key is to supply the URL without the .dods extension, I.e., http://blahblah/z500.nc, to whatever netcdf progra, you are using, be it ncdump or grads.

Sent from my iPad