[gradsusr] how to extract *.dods file

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Tue Nov 19 15:49:23 EST 2013

I think the .dods file that an opendap server delivers is just a flat binary file, which GrADS can easily handle. But without knowing what the constraints were when the request was made, it would be difficult to know how to create a descriptor file for it.
--Jennifer

On Nov 19, 2013, at 1:24 PM, James T. Potemra wrote:

> David:
>
> Without knowing the format of the file it's pretty much impossible to
> know how to open it in GrADS.  If this is a data set served via OPeNDAP,
> you should just be able to use "sdfopen" and then the OPeNDAP URL
> to access the file.
>
> Jim
>
> On 11/19/13 12:33 AM, david jan wrote:
>> Dear users
>>
>> + I mean that format file such as z500.nc.dods. I don't know what is format
>> , could you please tell me how to extract.
>> + Notice that, this file couldn;t extract by ncdump in netcdf
>> Thank you

Jennifer M. Adams
111 Research Hall, Mail Stop 2B3
George Mason University