[gradsusr] About my problem to extract data to text format from nc file

Kishore Ragi kishoreragi at gmail.com
Wed May 22 14:54:29 EDT 2013

Hi Jaya,

May be it is not good option but, please try to see if it is useful to you.

sdfopen myfilename.nc
set lat mylat
set lon mylong
set time time range
set z
define var=variable_in_file
set sdfwrite extract.nc
sdfwrite var
undefine var

Now you have extracted the data you are interested in the region with the
file name extract.nc

if this data is lees in size, you can ncdump to see the values.

just type the command as: ncdump extract.nc

or other option is "ncview" to see the values with vizual map

hope it might help...

Cheers,

Kishore