[gradsusr] Determining the max temp in a vertical layer.

Mike Dross mwdross at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 11:45:57 EST 2013

Hi,

I am trying to figure out how to find the maximum temperature in a vertical
layer, between the surface and 500 millibars.  I have searched through the
gradsusrs digest and can't
quite figure out how to do it.

 Using the findlvl  gives you level of a certain value, but I want the
maximum value between two levels, and that function doesn't seem to do
that.

 Ideally, I could do something like this

   d fndlvl (t, const(t,max), lev=psfc, lev=500)

   and it would give me the max temp and the level it found it

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Cordially,

-Mike