[gradsusr] problem in displaying variables

Saulo Carvalho spc_meteor at yahoo.com.br
Fri Mar 1 13:25:10 EST 2013

!gribmap

Saulo Carvalho

________________________________
 De: Ricardo Hallak <hallak at model.iag.usp.br>
Para: GrADS Users Forum <gradsusr at gradsusr.org>
Enviadas: Sexta-feira, 1 de Março de 2013 14:41
Assunto: Re: [gradsusr] problem in displaying variables

Dear GrADS users,

could please someone, expert in GrADS for Windows, explain how to run gribmap in a Windows System?

Many thanks,
Ricardo

On Fri, 1 Mar 2013 14:48:21 +0000, T. haghroosta wrote

Dear Recardo,

> I did it, but I got the error; I have
attached the image of the case. In fact, I didn't understand "At the same window
where you run grads, you run the program gribmap.", because I always go to menu
start in windows and select the Grads icon and run the grads at first, how can I
run gribmap before running the Grads?

> I have a question
beside of my problem, Is there any grads network where I can connect and do
the works at that environment?

> Regards,
>
> T.
>
> > Message: 4
> > Date: Fri, 1 Mar
2013 10:42:02 -0300
<hallak at model.iag.usp.br>
> > Subject: Re: [gradsusr] problem in
displaying variables
<gradsusr at gradsusr.org>

> > Dear T.,
>

> > you have to run gribmap -iv
fnl_20081!
 112_00_00_c.ctl before calling GrADS.

> > At the same
window where you run grads, you run the program gribmap. Only after running
gribmap you can run grads and open the .ctl file.

> > Try
again, please,
> > Ricardo

Ricardo Hallak

Departamento de Ciências Atmosféricas (ACA)
Instituto de Astronomia, Geofísica e Ciências Atmosféricas (IAG)
Universidade de São Paulo (USP)
Rua do Matão, 1226 - Cidade Universitária - São Paulo SP 05508-900
Phone.: +55 (11) 3091-2850; 3091-4703
Fax: +55 (11) 3091-4714