[gradsusr] very basic question about control files

Stephen McMillan smcmillan at planalytics.com
Mon Jun 10 14:16:29 EDT 2013

Namrata,

i) Yes
ii) Save it as text file with extension "ctl", e.g., mycontrolfile.ctl

Stephen Mc

On Mon, Jun 10, 2013 at 2:11 PM, Namrata Kala <namrata.kala at yale.edu> wrote:

> Apologies for the very fundamental question. I'm new to grads and have
> spent quite a while on tutorials but couldn't find the answer to these
> questions:
>
> i) Can I write a ctl file using wordpad?
> ii) If so, how do I save it such that grads recognizes it as a ctl file
> and I can type
> "open controlfilename.ctl" into grads to open the associated data?
> ii) If not, can anyone please what software I can use to write a ctil file?
>
> Thanks so much,
> Namrata

The information contained in this e-mail message is intended only for the use of the recipient(s) named above and may contain information that is privileged, confidential, and/or proprietary.

If you are not the intended recipient, you may not review, copy or distribute this message. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by e-mail, and delete the original message.