[gradsusr] How can I convert some grib files at the same time?

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 6 12:03:31 EDT 2013

If your data files are related in some way (i.e., same domain and same
variables, but valid at a different time, as in a model forecast), then
just run g2ctl.pl on one of the files and use templates over time to access
the other files.  See this page on using templates (
http://www.iges.org/grads/gadoc/templates.html).  Then run gribmap on the
single control file and it will create an index file appropriate for
viewing data from all files just by changing the time index.

Jeff Duda

On Thu, Jun 6, 2013 at 12:52 AM, T. haghroosta <haghroosta at hotmail.com>wrote:

> Dear All,
>
> I have some grib files in windows with similar names like:
> pgbh06.gdas.2007110612.grb2  , pgbh06.gdas.2007110618.grb2, .....
>
> How can I create .ctl file with the command " g2ctl.pl", at the same
> time? I mean how I can do this without repeating the processes for all
> seprate files?
>
> Furthermore, how can I create .idx file from those .ctl file with command
> "!gribmap -iv" without repeating the processes?
>
> Regards,
>
> T.

Jeff Duda
Graduate research assistant