[gradsusr] Data download help

James T. Potemra jimp at hawaii.edu
Tue Jul 9 13:49:33 EDT 2013

Emily:

The files in the URL below are served via ftp, so this is not really a
GrADS issue.  Instead, you can use "wget" to retrieve all the files,
then "ncrcat" to concatenate them all together.  For example,

wget -r -A.nc
ftp://ftp.cdc.noaa.gov/Datasets/ncep.reanalysis.dailyavgs/surface/

will retrieve all the files on that page that end with ".nc".  Next,

ncrcat -h air.sig995.*.nc one_big_file.nc

will cat all the individual files into one big file.  "ncrcat" is part
of the netCDF Operator (NCO) toolkit; more info at
http://nco.sourceforge.net/

Jim