[gradsusr] How to read CMORPH data

Bob Kuligowski - NOAA Federal bob.kuligowski at noaa.gov
Thu Jan 31 09:32:12 EST 2013

Dear Marwan,

     The only way I know to plot CMORPH data is to use the control files
and README guidance in ftp://ftp.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/precip/global_CMORPH/.

Cheers,
Bob

> Hi gradusers,
>
> I have been trying to open and plot these data but before that is there is anyway to change there extension from binary to familiar extenstion as in HDF NetCDF or Asccii file.
>
> Also, is there is away to install grad into windows os or is it better to use ubuntu linxus distribution or any other referrals. I am new on this but I wish someone could have some experience with that to help/ share.
>
> Thank you all for your help in advance.

Bob Kuligowski, Ph.D.
Meteorologist
NOAA/NESDIS/Center for Satellite Applications and Research (STAR)

Mailing Address:
NESDIS STAR/SMCD
Bob Kuligowski
NCWCP E/RA2