[gradsusr] flushing

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 17 17:16:11 EST 2013

What is the purpose of the command flush?  I see from the documentation
that it clears the GRIB2 cache.  I think I understand what that basically
means, but I wonder if it has implications in something I'm doing.

I'm running a series of complicated Grads scripts that read GRIB2 data and
make a lot of plots.  For some of my plots I am using the set defval
command.  One thing I've noticed while using this command is that the more
times I run it in a loop of a Grads script, the longer it seems to take to
run with each iteration.  I know that sounds non-specific, so I can provide
script code if anyone wants it, but I'm just feeling around here to see if
the flush command may enable my scripts to run faster.

Jeff Duda

--
Jeff Duda
Graduate research assistant