[gradsusr] PyGrads not working

Arlindo da Silva dasilva at alum.mit.edu
Thu Jan 10 23:37:27 EST 2013

On Tue, Jan 8, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Maat, Herbert ter
<Herbert.termaat at wur.nl>wrote:

>  Hello,****
>
> ** **
>
> I tried to install PyGrads on my Linux system, but I have difficulties
> with the last step. I have installed everything correctly (at least, that’s
> what I think) but I am getting the following error message while running
> ./galab_examples.py. ****
>
> ** **
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):****
>
>   File "./galab_examples.py", line 152, in <module>****
>
>     ga = GaLab(Bin='grads',Window=False,Echo=False)****
>
> NameError: name 'GaLab' is not defined****
>
>                  ****
>
> Does anybody know what is going wrong here? I have installed PyGrads in
> the lib/site-packages

I am assuming you did

python setup.py install

correct?

directory of the EPD-distribution.****

> **

Is this the full EPD distribution or the Free Edition. Notice that the free
edition does not include the basemaps and without basemaps GaLab cannot
work. It is possible to compile basemaps into the Free edition, or get a
pre-compiled egg.

  Please let me know the EPD version (copy and paste the first lines after
you start ipython) and the pygrads version.

  Arlindo

> **
>
> Greetings,****
>
> ** **
>
> Herbert ter Maat****
>
> Researcher Land-Atmosphere Interactions****
>
> ESS-CC (Earth System Science-Climate Change and Adaptive Land and Water
> Management)****
>
> Alterra, Wageningen-UR****
>
> PO Box 47, 6700 AA Wageningen, The Netherlands****
>
> Visiting address: Droevendaalsesteeg 3 (building 100), Wageningen****