[gradsusr] PyGrads not working

Maat, Herbert ter Herbert.termaat at wur.nl
Tue Jan 8 10:44:06 EST 2013

Hello,

I tried to install PyGrads on my Linux system, but I have difficulties with the last step. I have installed everything correctly (at least, that's what I think) but I am getting the following error message while running ./galab_examples.py.

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./galab_examples.py", line 152, in <module>
    ga = GaLab(Bin='grads',Window=False,Echo=False)
NameError: name 'GaLab' is not defined

Does anybody know what is going wrong here? I have installed PyGrads in the lib/site-packages directory of the EPD-distribution.

Greetings,

Herbert ter Maat
Researcher Land-Atmosphere Interactions
ESS-CC (Earth System Science-Climate Change and Adaptive Land and Water Management)
Alterra, Wageningen-UR
PO Box 47, 6700 AA Wageningen, The Netherlands
Visiting address: Droevendaalsesteeg 3 (building 100), Wageningen
tel: +31 317 486429
fax: +31 317 419000
email: herbert.termaat at wur.nl<mailto:herbert.termaat at wur.nl>
homepage: http://www.wageningenur.nl/ess