[gradsusr] accumlate( combine) data into monthly or seasonal using grads for percipitation satellite products

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Fri Feb 15 13:21:25 EST 2013

On Feb 14, 2013, at 6:05 AM, Marwan Kheimi wrote:

> Hi guys,
>
> I need help with this control file to find the average monthly precipitation for this control file but the problem is I don’t know what is the proper way to do it.
> How to accumulate the values using Grads codes ?
To get the accumulated precip over a month (e.g. Jan 1998) use the sum() function. For the mean, use the ave() function. Documentation is at http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/gradfuncave.html and http://iges.org/grads/gadoc/gradfuncsum.html
accum = sum(cmorph,time=1jan1998,31jan1998)
mean = ave(cmorph,time=1jan1998,31jan1998)

> Also, if any one could help me to find the root square coefficient
Look at the final example in the ave() documetation.
--Jennifer

> this a daily file temporal scale.
> chsub  t1  t2  string
> Some how I have to use this script however I am new to grads please if any could help me I would really appreciate it
> I also, somehow know that the grip. file could be another solution to figure it out.
> DSET ../0.25deg-DLY_00Z/%y4/%y4%m2/CMORPH_V1.0_RAW_0.25deg-DLY_00Z_%y4%m2%d2
> TITLE  CMORPH Version 1.0BETA Version, daily precip from 00Z-24Z
> OPTIONS template little_endian
> UNDEF  -999.0
> XDEF 1440 LINEAR    0.125  0.25
> YDEF  480 LINEAR  -59.875  0.25
> ZDEF   01 LEVELS 1
> TDEF 99999 LINEAR  01jan1998 1dy
> VARS 1
> cmorph   1   99 yyyyy CMORPH Version 1.o daily precipitation (mm)
> ENDVARS
>

> kind regards,
> Marawn

Jennifer M. Adams