[gradsusr] accumlate( combine) data into monthly or seasonal using grads for percipitation satellite products

Marwan Kheimi khimy4000 at hotmail.com
Thu Feb 14 06:05:41 EST 2013

Hi guys,

I need help with this control file to find the average monthly precipitation for this control file but the problem is I don’t know what is the proper way to do it.
How to accumulate the values using Grads codes ?
Also, if any one could help me to find the root square coefficient
this a daily file temporal scale.
chsub  t1  t2  string
Some how I have to use this script however I am new to grads please if any could help me I would really appreciate it
I also, somehow know that the grip. file could be another solution to figure it out.
DSET ../0.25deg-DLY_00Z/%y4/%y4%m2/CMORPH_V1.0_RAW_0.25deg-DLY_00Z_%y4%m2%d2
TITLE  CMORPH Version 1.0BETA Version, daily precip from 00Z-24Z
OPTIONS template little_endian
UNDEF  -999.0
XDEF 1440 LINEAR    0.125  0.25
YDEF  480 LINEAR  -59.875  0.25
ZDEF   01 LEVELS 1
TDEF 99999 LINEAR  01jan1998 1dy
VARS 1
cmorph   1   99 yyyyy CMORPH Version 1.o daily precipitation (mm)
ENDVARS  kind regards, Marawn