[gradsusr] ploting problems

Jennifer Adams jma at cola.iges.org
Fri Feb 15 13:00:46 EST 2013

Your defined variables U1 V1 U2 V2 U and V are all defined from longitude 0  to 360 -- this probably means you are writing out an extra column of data and so when you open eves_200-850.nc it does not pass the globe-wrapping test and therefore gives your negative longitudes as missing data. The fix is to use 'set x 1 <xsize>' before defining the variables in the first step.
--Jennifer

On Feb 15, 2013, at 12:36 PM, kombo kai wrote:

> Hi Grads use
> I Have created a variable called the envifomental vertical windshear as folows
> 'sdfopen d:/vorticity/uwnd.mon.mean.nc'
> 'sdfopen d:/vorticity/vwnd.mon.mean.nc'
> 'set lon 0 360'
> 'set lat -90 90'
> 'set t 1 778'
> 'set z 10'
> 'define U1=uwnd(z=10)'
> 'define V1=vwnd.2(z=10)'
> 'set z 3'
> 'define U2=uwnd(z=3)'
> 'define V2=vwnd.2(z=2)'
> 'define U=U1-U2'
> 'define V=V1-V2'
> 'define evws28=sqrt(U*U+V*V)'
> 'set sdfwrite d:/EVWSdata/evws_200-850.nc'
> 'sdfwrite evws28'
>
> when I opened the file I created it gives me al the dtaile for the file , but I do the following settings it plots onlt from 0-120 abd do not plot the -70 to 0E
> eg set t 34
> set lon -70 120
> set lat -45 45
> set gxout contour
> set cint 19
> set ccolor 2
> set cmark 2
> d evws28
> This plot only from 0 120E and do not plot from -70 to 0E
> Please I need a help to fix this problem
> regards
> kaikombo

Jennifer M. Adams
IGES/COLA