[gradsusr] Error in GXSTRT: Unable to connect to X server

Zilore Mumba zmumba at gmail.com
Wed Feb 6 15:39:50 EST 2013

Hello,
Sincere apologies because my issue is not a GrADS issue (but rather a UNIX
configuration issue), but it may be possible other grads users may have
encountered it.
I am running LINUX in a Vitrual machine on Windows 7. When I run grads in
linux I get the error below. I have tried to check in grads archives (no
search possibility) and elsewhere to no avail.
Grads display works fine on Windows.
Assistance will be appreciated.

Grid Analysis and Display System (GrADS) Version 2.0.1
Copyright (c) 1988-2011 by Brian Doty and the
Institute for Global Environment and Society (IGES)
GrADS comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY
See file COPYRIGHT for more information

Config: v2.0.1 little-endian readline printim grib2 netcdf hdf4-sds hdf5
opendap-grids athena geotiff shapefile
Issue 'q config' command for more detailed configuration information
Landscape mode? ('n' for portrait):  GX Package Initialization: Size = 8.5
11
Error in GXSTRT: Unable to connect to X server