[gradsusr] csmooth working on contours but not shaded fields?

Jeff Duda jeffduda319 at gmail.com
Thu Dec 19 14:12:33 EST 2013

L.B.,
Another thing you could try if all you want is nicer looking contours in
your plots is to obtain a dummy data set that has a different resolution
(e.g., RAP, NAM, NARR etc., anything available on the NOMADS sites), then
use lterp to regrid your GFS data to a different grid quickly and easily.
 This would make the contours take on different shapes in your GFS data.  I
think you would want to regrid to a finer grid, but I'm not 100% sure on
that.  Try it for a few other data sets and see if you can find something
that is to your liking.

Jeff

Jeff Duda
Graduate research assistant